Diploma in Facilities Management
Allow trainees to develop an understanding and knowledge of facilities management following the practical elements taken in the Associate Diploma. It has been designed for first-line manager or supervisor in facilities management.
Successful completion of Tier 2 plus B1 English ability (diagnostic assessment to be undertaken on application) Fast-track available.
- Classroom: Blended classroom delivery, online learning, practical skills in realistic working environments
- Workplace Experience: Trainees will be registered with employers or on a sponsorship program to allow them to undertake training before commencing their employment duties within the workplace or continue to further study.
- Portfolio of evidence completed in the workplace plus written exam
FHM are pleased to deliver this program in association with the Institute of Workplace Facilities Management (IWFM).
All students who are registered with FHM will be able to apply for membership to take their career in workplace and facilities management further with IWFM membership.
Let us support your professional development and help you to be the best that you can be. Progression routes available at leadership and management levels on completion of the Diploma level course with FHM.
- English for business
- Business transactions
- Workplace training
- Introduction to Facilities Management
- Corporate social responsibility and sustainability in Facilities Management
- Customer and stakeholder relations in Facilities Management
- Specification and procurement of facilities supplies and services
- Health and safety responsibilities in Facilities Management
- Manage operational performance in Facilities Management
- Project management within Facilities Management operations
- Budget management of Facilities Management operations
- Understanding Facilities Management within context of an organisation
- Understanding support services operations in an organisation
- Space allocation in current facilities
- Building maintenance in Facilities Management
- Understand the estate management function
- Contribute to disaster recovery and contingency planning
- Understanding access management and inclusion
- Leadership, management and personal development
- NEBOSH Health & Safety at Work (for more information see short courses)
The Institute of Workplace and Facilities Management (IWFM) is the professional body for workplace and facilities practitioners.
We exist to promote excellence among a worldwide community of over 17,000 and to demonstrate the value and contribution of workplace and facilities management more widely.
The IWFM was established in 2018. It builds on the proud heritage of 25 years of the British Institute of Facilities Management.